Starting a Bungee Club
You may want to check out some of the Bungee Books.
This section is very new - I plan to expand it in
the future. This is a hotch potch of suggestions from people. I have
to sort it out into something readable. I will soon, I hope! The
majority of contecnt on this page was provided by David Domenech, (Thanks!)
- First write the project documentation.
- Second present it to people interested and implicated:
investors, companies, government,...
- Get the financiation for the project.
- Once you have all the financiation you have to make the necessary contracts:
- A contract for the creation of the bungee company running the club/site
(including name registration, account opening,...)
- A contract including all the people involved in the project: bungee
company, other companies, people involved,...
(including permissions needed, facilities, insurances,...).
- Contracts with the crew members (including necessary skills and official
certifications for the activity,...) and for the rest of workers.
- Other special contracts (if needed).
- Once you have all the contracts you began working to get the necessary
- A permission/s of the area owner/s (if private).
- A permission/s of the local goverments: town halls (province).
- A permission/s of the central government for the
commercial activity (region).
- A permission/s for the safety matters and technical
constructions (engineering) for the jumpsite given by
the national government (country).
- A permission/s given by the association in charge of
natural impact of the area (province).
- Others special permissions (if needed).
- Once you have the permissions you can begin building your
jumpsite (engineering work).
- You need a crew: jumpmaster,... having the necessary skills and
official certifications for this activity.
- You have to get insurance/s for the activity with enough coverage.
- Once it's builded you begin with the bungee tests/proves for the
jumps and other technical testing.
- At the same time you'll have to do other things before opening:
- Building other facilities
- buying and installing equipment,...,
- designing logos and trademarks,...,
- preparing accounting and invoicing,...,
- making all the documentation needed,...
- and other works which have to be ready before opening.
- The last thing is to make a media campaign presenting your club/site.
- Give a great opening inviting everybody.
You can get the USBA (United States Bungee Association) standards
code from the USBA
you'll need to buy stuff.
Here's where I put information about getting hold of cords +
equipment. This is ALL I know about. If there's any other
Bungee suppliers out there then let me know. Please, Please, don't get
in touch saying.. how do I set up a club, I don't know!
A.J.Hackett Bungy, Cairns
We can do all aspects of Bungy/Bungee industry, from equipment supply
through stunt jumps and commercial site setup. Demo team available.
We hold more world firsts and world records for all aspects of Bungy -
Bridges, Buildings, Cranes, Helicopters, Balloons, Paragliders....
Currently operating in New Zealand, Australia, France, Germany,
Indonesia, Taiwan, Korea, USA, Mexico.
Steve Fettke Bungee Jumping
7736 Oak Meadow Ct.
Cupertino, CA, USA 95014
Steve Fettke Bungee Jumping offers information, consulting, trips
and more. Their website offers facts about stunt jumping, cords and
equipment, as well as bungee photos and streaming videos.
|Company:||Adrenalin Dreams Adventures|
|Address:||P.O. Box 101347, Pittsburgh, PA. USA 14237|
|Telephone: ||412 367 4301 (Fax 412 367 7566)|
||Adrenalin Dreams Adventures is an adventure sports company, located in the
North Eastern USA, that handles world wide climbing expeditions, rappell
training and specializes in ALL facets of Bungee Jumping. ADRENALIN DREAMS
ADVENTURES can supply all types of Bungee Equipment including state of the
art cord systems, custom designed and hand built to the exact specs of your
particular jump....at prices that won't require a second mortgage! We also
offer comprehensive, hands-on Bungee Training courses that will teach you
the proper use of all equipment, how to operate a site efficiently and how
to experience that ultimate rush....SAFELY! As a matter of fact, our safety
procedures convinced the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation to allow
us the first ever legal bridge jump in Pennsylvania!
Contact Paul Adamo/Owner|
|Date: ||August 12, 1996|
Any equipment you cannot find have your customers contact Casey Dale. I am also selling towers delivered and erected on your site all you need are the permits of approval from your local authorities thanks.
|Company:||U.I.P. / UNLIMITED Int. Productions|
|Address:||AUSTRIA / trading worldwide|
||0043-664-497 47 36 / AUSTRIA=0664-497 47 36|
|Type:||Crane (100 Metres)|
|Cost:||depends on jumped heights + countries|
||We are also manufacturing all certificated cords.
we are specialized in BUNGEE-consulting since mid-80-ies already.
doing EVENTS worldwide, do set up new BUNGEE-centers on demand, we
also manufacture the EJECTION-Seat/Spaceball-sytems = reverse
BUNGEE-towers ... lots of other crazy new adventures to offer ...|
wir produzieren auch eigene, zertifizierte
BUNGEE-Seilssysteme. richten BUNGEE-Anlagen für Neukunden ein, auf
Anfrage ... wir produzieren auf Bestelllung auch die
Rocket-BUNGEEE-Anlagen ... viele andere Attraktionen im Angebot
The Great Canadian Bungee provide equipment, training and consulting thorugh their consulting branch Bungee Consultants
The company Bungee Adventures manufactures their own cords from all rubber. You can see the specifications. Roger (mentioned above) is their webmaster so it's probably one of their cords he's selling.
Note: the site used to be located at bungeeadventures.com but seems to have gone out of business.
Jochen Schweizer Bungee provide equipment and training in Europe
Bungee Designs provide equipment, training and consulting. Note: used to be at bungeedesigns.com, no longer functional
Over the Edge Bungee (Eric Lyman) provide equipment, training and consulting
Adrenaline x-periences factory.s.l. provide bungeecords with certificate and consultors for any bungee question. and legs traps, or any bungee equipment and trainning courses.
firstname.lastname@example.org seem to supply equipment
Vertige Adventures in France supply cords, they have info on their website
MONTIC supply bungee as well as inventing SCAD diving!
Thomas Kaminski International Bungee Consulting